Oct 14, 2014

Co-Active Coaching at Zappos

Zappos, the online shoe and more store known for its legendary customer service, now has a Co-Active Coach, Augusta Scott, CPCC, heading up its Coaching Program. When David Vick, an early investor in the company who’d been coaching employees on a part-time basis left in 2009, the role opened up and Scott, who was in a leadership role in the Customer Loyalty Department, was recommended for the position. With her passion for Zappos’ values, experience across many teams and love for people, Scott was a natural fit.

“I jumped at the chance to be in a role that could impact the lives of our team members at Zappos,” she says. Her manager, Robert Richman, selected CTI for her training, which began in May 2010. “He thought that the Co-Active Model would be a good fit for Zappos.” Scott finished her coach training in September 2010 and then went throughCertification, which she describes as one of the most challenging six months of her life. “I thought it was just to get this credential, but little did I know that I was going to embark on an amazing journey of my own personal development, too!”
In the training, she quickly realized that before she could start coaching, she needed to discover much more about herself. “The Co-Active Model really helped me dig deeply and solidify the journey I was taking with myself. It helped me to remove some obstacles in my own way. It was very freeing!”
Soon Scott was back at headquarters in Las Vegas developing the Zappos Coaching Program, which is open to every single employee in the company on a voluntary basis. Zappos’ coaching centers on setting and reaching goals that take about 30 days to complete, but can be extended to 90 if needed. Employees come with their own agenda about what they seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment