Oct 17, 2014

The List: Good Enough, the Bad, and the Abysmal

Here goes, the feature attraction. I went through and identified all the good, bad and abysmal tools as described by woodworkers, metal workers, mechanics, farmers, DIYers, gardeners and even pond tenders. Keep in mind that an abysmal band saw for a woodworker may just be a good band saw for a farmer. When possible I included the item number. When I couldn’t find it or there were multiple variations of a tool I just left the tool as described in the forum I found it.


These are tools and other items that got at least one favorable mention. I broke the multiple mention tools out for you and put them on top – I’m assuming these will give you the most “miles per gallon.” Also, before you dig in, a quote regarding “consumables,” from someone who I believe works with metal: “All of their consumables such as cotter pins, grease fittings, roll pins, O-rings, Internal and External lock clips, 12″ sanding disks, 12″ cutting wheels, 3″, 4″, 4-1/2″ grinding wheels are OK too.”
The guys at WoodworersZone compiled a list from WoodNet called “Harbor Freight Gems.” I not only copied their list for this post (in addition to many other sources of course), but borrowed their format of #item number followed by the name of the tool. I put any relevant quotes in parenthesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment